The Quiltmaker’s Journey
by Jeff Brumbeau
Summary: The quiltmaker grows up wealthy and sheltered, but radically changes her life after she discovers the poverty and needs outside her town.
1) Why did the main character become so generous?
2) Were there any monsters outside the walls protecting the town? What did the town elders not want the residents to see past the walls?
3) How did the girl (main character) feel seeing so much suffering outside the walls? Was she encouraged by the elders to do something about it?
4) Why did the girl decide to help others? A: Compassion!
4) What did the girl (main character) decide to do to help others? What was one main thing she wanted the poor people to get from her gift? How did giving quilts make her feel?