Miss Pinkeltink’s Purse
by Patty Brozo
Miss Pinkeltink carries a huge purse around town while donating all her possessions to try to solve people’s issues, including Zoe’s. Then, one night, after she sees Miss Pinkeltink sleeping on a park bench in the rain, Zoe comes up with a plan to help her.
1) Discuss what being homeless means. What were the clues given throughout the book showing that Miss Pinkeltink was homeless?
2) What character strength was strong in Ms. Pinkeltink that motivated her to give away all her possessions, even though she didn’t have much? A: Generosity, purpose to help others, compassion.
3) What character strength did Zoe show by coming up with a plan to help Ms. Pinkeltink while engaging many people from her town? A: Compassion.
4) Take a look at the last two pages of the book for real life examples of kids helping homeless people.
5) Zoe gathered efforts from the whole neighborhood with the purpose of helping that lady. Having a purpose helps us focus better on what we want to achieve, and how we will do it. Do you feel inspired to help after reading this book? What would you like to do to help the cause?